Saturday, December 6, 2008

Goddess...


'A Woman's Love' © Lloyd Pollard 1996
13"x18"
pen & ink on paper
Published by kukulu Gallery.
First blog publication.
(Original in Private collection)

You are my Love
You are my Light,
Your are my Passion
Your are my Sight.

You are my Grace
You are my Courage,
You are my Abundance
You are my Knowledge.

Without you there is no Light
Without you no will to Fight.
With you there is a Desire to be
All elements of my unfathomed Mystery.

From thy feet I will Rise
From thy hand I will Devise the fates of worlds yet to be born.

In your light I will Live
In your presence I will Give,
In your spirit I will Survive
In your love I will Thrive.

With you I will be more than my childlike history.
With you, I will live out loud
laugh out loud
learn out loud
love out loud
create out loud and
dream out loud.

For this privilege I say, thank you mother, sister, wife, daughter, lover, confident and friend.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

SLP said...

That's a beautiful poem.

Pollard said...

Thanks SLP. It was a pleasure to write.