Monday, October 6, 2008

Queen . Warrior . Goddess

© Lloyd Pollard 1995
11"x18"
acrylic & marker on paper
First exhibited in 1995 solo show.
Burkes Picture Framing Gallery, Toronto.



In my essence you will find things unseen
Things I have always been.
Since time has come about
I have defined mystery, men and life.
In my various personnas
You have loved me, worshipped me and died for me.

My dimensions are not one -
As are your needs more than one.
My dimensions are but a glimpse of me
A glimpse beyond which many cannot stand to see.
Do not separate yourself from me, for I am not beyond you
I stand beneath your heaviest burden and within your deepest hope.

As a Queen you have seen the shadow of my authority
As a Warrior you have felt the sting of my passion and
As a Goddess you have experienced the love of my destiny.

Look upon me with your being
The being that is beyond your body and beyond your mind.

Lloyd Pollard (1995)


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: